Arcam - AVR850 - AV Receiver
Arcam's AVR850 is the AV Receiver that Audiophiles and Home Theatre enthusiasts dream about at night. Offering a level of sound quality that is light years ahead of competing receivers, and packing features and components of the highest quality, the AVR 850 is a favourite across Australia. Whether you're utilising the AVR purely for home theatre applications, or a mix of home theatre and 2-channel, you will experience the stunning realism this receiver has to offer.
One of the biggest issues in a dedicated or non-dedicated home theatre room is the room acoustics. Arcam has included the latest room correcting technology produced by Dirac Research to ensure your room plays less of a part in colouring the sound. Dirac Live enables you or a specialist to tune the acoustic performance of the system in any room or listening situation. The AVR850 is worth it for this feature alone.
If you're lucky enough to have experienced a Dolby Atmos setup, you already understand how captivating and engaging the sound and experience is. Once you experience it, you won't be happy with anything less. Together with Arcam's legendary amplifier technology, Dolby Atmos delivers sound anywhere in the room, including overhead. This brings the sound and scene alive in the room. It's not just for movies either; Dolby Atmos can provide a captivating experience when listening to music, movies, TV shows and even gaming. Dolby Atmos delivers the full impact of the entertainment experience. Please note for a 7.1.4 system, an additional 4-channel amplifier (or 2x 2-channel power amps) is required.
Future Proofed with both video and audio stages designed to support current and upcoming technologies including HDMI2.0a with HDCP2.2 4K "Ultra HD" and 3D video capability built in.
The Arcam includes an internal tuner which provides a fully integrated FM/DAB/DAB+ radio solution. You have access to the range of worldwide internet stations via a network connect. This also interfaces to UPnP audio servers.
The 850 includes a USB port perfect for attached storage devices.
The AVR850 supports control via Ethernet, enabling it to be used in a fully integrated whole-house control system or via the iOS MusicLife UPnP Control App. RS232, 12V triggers and standard IR control is also included.
Arcam has visually styled the AVR850 to be minimalist in design, enabling it to fit into any decor. The build quality of the 850 is unmatched.
With seven channels of Class G amplification, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X alongside Dirac Live, the Arcam AVR850 can't be beaten in this price range.
Continuous power output, per channel, 8Ω/4Ω (AVR850)
2 channels driven, 1kHz, 0.2% THD - 130W/210W
7 channels driven, 1kHz, 0.2% THD - 100W/180W
Audio Performance (Stereo line inputs)
Signal/noise ratio (A-wtd, stereo direct) - 110dB
Frequency response - 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.1dB
HDMI - x7, 1 MHL compatible
HDMI - Z1 x2 (ARC Compatible), Z2 x1
HDMI - x7, Coax SPDIF - x4, Toslink - x2, RCA Phono - x6,
3.5mm aux, USB input, Ethernet Client, Internet Radio, ARC (from display)
7.1.4 Pre-amp output - 12x RCA Phono
Zone 2 output - RCA Phono
FM / DAB / DAB+ (in appropriate markets)
Supported Surround Modes Include
Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround
DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete, DTS-ES 6.1 Matrix, DTS 5.1
12V Trigger x2
IR in x2
6V rSeries PSU x1
Power consumption (max) - 1.5kW (approx. 5200 BTU/hour)
Dimensions & Weights (AVR850)
W x D (inc. speaker terminals) x H (inc. feet) - 433 x 425 x 171mm
Weight (net) - 16.7kg
Weight (packed) - 20.0kg
EAN/UPC code (AV850)
5 060133 602521
- Continuous power output, per channel, 8Ω/4Ω (AVR850)
- 2 channels driven, 20Hz - 20kHz, <0.02% THD - 120W/200W
- 2 channels driven, 1kHz, 0.2% THD - 130W/210W
- 7 channels driven, 1kHz, 0.2% THD - 100W/180W
- Residual noise & hum (A-wtd) - <0.15mV
- Audio Performance (Stereo line inputs)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-wtd, stereo direct) - 110dB
- Frequency response - 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.1dB
- Video Inputs
- HDMI - x7 (6 x HDMI2.0a, HDCP2.2, 1 x MHL compatible)
- Video Outputs
- HDMI - Z1 x2 (out1 ARC, HDMI2.0a, HDCP2.2, out2 HDMI2.0a, HDCP2.2), Z2 x1 (HDMI2.0a, HDCP2.2)
- Audio Inputs
- HDMI - x7, Coax SPDIF - x4, Toslink - x2, RCA Phono - x6,
- 3.5mm aux, USB input, Ethernet Client, Internet Radio, ARC (from display)
- Audio Outputs
- 7.1.4 Pre-amp output - 12x RCA Phono
- Zone 2 output - RCA Phono
- Radio Tuner
- FM / DAB / DAB+ (in appropriate markets)
- Supported Surround Modes Include
- Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround
- DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete, DTS-ES 6.1 Matrix, DTS 5.1
- 12V Trigger x2
- IR in x2
- 6V rSeries PSU x1
- Power consumption (max) - 1.5kW (approx. 5200 BTU/hour)
- Power consumption (standby) - <0.5W
- Dimensions & Weights (AVR850)
- W x D (inc. speaker terminals) x H (inc. feet) - 433 x 425 x 171mm
- Weight (net) - 16.7kg
- Weight (packed) - 20.0kg