Arcam - FMJ D33 - DAC
Absorbing over 35 years of advances in technology and engineering, the Arcam FMJ D33 DAC is probably the pinnacle of Arcam's legacy.
The D33 SuperDAC utilises two Burr Brown PCM1792 converters which enable a resolution of 24bit / 192kHz, twin toroidal power supply and audiophile grade circuitry. Experience a level of sonic quality and performance previously not possible with Arcam's latest FMJ D33 Digital Analogue Converter.
The D33 really shines when it comes to sonic performance, but it is also feature-packed, with the latest technologies to allow you to enjoy your favourite content from any device. The ability to connect your Apple MAC or PC to the D33 via USB connection allows you to enjoy the world of lossless 24bit / 192kHz audio. With 2x coax and 2x digital optical inputs as well as an AES/EBU connection, you have a range of options when connecting your devices.
Arcam realises that it takes more than just great components and circuitry to make a truly audiophile-grade DAC. They have thought beyond the bounds of components and thought about the bigger picture, including a critically-damped low resonance case, as well as power regulation and a low-noise sub-regulation. With unsurpassed attention to detail, the D33 sets the pace for others in the same market.
- Analogue Audio Output
- Conversion 2x Burr Brown 24-bit 192kHz Advanced Segment Delta-Sigma
- Signal to noise ratio > 110dB CCIR (unweighted)
- Harmonic distortion (1kHz) 0.0008% (20Hz — 20kHz, unweighted)
- Frequency response (+0.1dB, -0.5dB) 10Hz–20kHz
- Filtering User selectable, fast or slow roll-off
- Output level (0dB) 2.2Vrms
- Output impedance 47Ω
- Minimum load 5kΩ
- Digital interfaces
- USB Class 1 electrically-isolated USB 1.1
- Class 2 USB 2.0 High Speed (480 Mbit/s)
- AES/EBU Up to 192kHz sample rate
- Coaxial S/PDIF x 2 Up to 192kHz sample rate
- Optical S/PDIF (TOSLINK) x 2 Up to 96kHz sample rate Computer compatibility
- PC Windows 7, Vista & XP (driver required for 24/192 material)
- MAC OSX (no driver required)
- Dimensions W433 x D370 x H110mm
- Weight 6.2kg nett/10.0kg packed
- Power consumption 30W maximum
- Analogue output connection RCA Phono x 2, Balanced XLR x2
- Supplied accessories
- Included Mains lead, CR107 remote control, 2 x AAA batteries