The EC Reference belt drive turntable. A platter made of the finest acrylic
The Electrocompaniet ECG-1 is a sandwich construction made out of three layers: acrylic and aluminum, benefiting from the internal dampening in the acrylic and the rigidity of the aluminum. This sandwich construction with its different materials increases the internal vibration dampening further, so the chassis will have no resonance problems.
The ECG 1 is fitted with a platter made out of acrylic that is very similar to the vinyl material used in the record. The record is meant to be placed directly onto the platter, without the use of a platter mat. This ensures a “strong” coupling between the two parts, basically making the LP “a part of the platter”. The acrylic material in the platter has good internal dampening, so it won’t “ring” like a metal platter.
Jelco SA-750EB Tonearm
The ECG-1 turntable comes factory fitted with the renowned Jelco SA-750 EB. It will handle cartridges of 4-12 grams of weight, making them perform at their best
The ECG-1 turntable is fitted with a 24 Volt AC synchronous motor that is perfectly controlled by a 2 phase low harmonic analogue sine wave controller. An AC motor is very precise and will follow the frequency of the motor controller, without the complications and over engineering necessary with a DC motor.
For the best possible footing.
- Operation - Manual
- Drive system - Exterior (round) rubber belt drive
- Motor - 24 V AC synchronous motor
- Speeds - 33 1/3 – 45 – 78 RPM
- Speed selection - Fully regulated electronically
- Platter - 12” / 2.8 kg (6.1 lbs) acrylic
- Operation - Manual
- Profile - S – shaped
- Headshell - (SME-mount)
- Efficient length - 258 mm
- Overhang - 15.17 mm
- Offset angle - 21˚
- Tracking error - angle - 1.75˚ - 1.25˚
- Cartridge weight - 4 - 12 g
- Cartridge height - 38 - 60 mm
- Moving mass - 21 g ( cartridge screws (0,5 g))
- Width - 465 mm / 18.3 inchesv
- Depth - 360 mm / 14.1 inches
- Height - 153mm / 6 inches
- Weight (Turntable with tonearm) - 13 kg. / 28.6 lbs, Motor 1.3 kg / 2.2 lbs