With the renewed international enthusiasm for the vinyl format, a world-class phono preamplifier or RIAA stage is more important in a reference setup than ever before.
The ECP-2 has become a new favourite of reviewers and enthusiasts alike. A benchmark product in its price bracket, much like other Electrocompaniet products.
It incorporates state- of-the-art instrumentation and operational amplifiers and highest quality discrete components in the signal path. Of course it is all DC coupled.
The ECP 2 can accommodate any imaginable pickup, MM or MC thanks to its extremely configurable input stage.
Ajustable gain and very strictly matched to the RIAA curve.
The ECP 2 will make your vinyl records sing like no other phono preamplifier we know of, and it seems the industry agrees with us.
- Gain @ 1 kHz RCA - Adjustable 39,8 – 71,4 dB
- Gain @ 1 kHz XLR - Adjustable 45,8 – 76,4 dB
- Resistance loading (RL) - Adjustable 10 Ω – 47 kΩ
- Capacitive loading (CL) - Adjustable 0 – 350 pF
- Maximum output level - 17.5 V rms (+ 25 dB V)
- Overload margin - > 31 dB @ 1 kHz
- Output impedance - 100 Ω single-ended, 200 Ω balanced
- Frequency response - 20 – 20 kHz +/- 0.2 dB
- RIAA Correction Accuracy - ± 0,1 dB
- Subsonic filter - -3dB @ 11 Hz, 24 dB/octave
- Channel separation - > 85 dB, 20 – 20 kHz
- THD + Noise - < 0.003 % @ 1 kHz
- S/N-R - 96 dB, 1 kHz, A-weighted, ref. 10 dB V output
- S/N-R - 91 dB, 1 kHz, A-weighted, ref. 5 mV input
- S/N-R - 67.4 dB, 1 kHz, A-weighted, ref. 500 μV input
- Dimensions - 465mm W x 371mm D x 78mm H
- Weight - 9 kg