Reference CD player
Since 1998, Electrocompaniet has produced one of the best sounding CD players on the market, the EMC 1-UP. The new EMC 1 MKIV builds upon this legacy, and refines by using a new drive unit. The player has a high performance sample rate converter, fully balanced D/A converters and discrete analog audio circuitry for excellent performance. It features an unique cancellation system which cancels acoustic / mechanical vibrations, preventing the laser pick-up from receiving unwanted and sonically degrading signals.The audio quality surpasses our own EMC 1 UP, arguably one of the best CD players on the market today.
- No-compromise mechanical design with five different housings, which shield analogue, digital, transport, transformer and controller circuitry.
- Electromechanical cancellation system which cancels acoustic-mechanical vibrations, preventing the laser pickup from receiving mechanical distortions.
- Separate transformers and power supplies for analogue and digital circuits.
- Fully balanced D/A converter with fully balanced discrete analog audio circuitry.
- Digital outputs via S/PDIF and Toslink.
- 12V trigger input for remote power ON.
- RS232 port for firmware upgrades and control through a wide range of home installation systems.
- Soundcare superspikes for the best possible footing.
Top Loading CD Transport
Pair large text with an image to tell a story, explain a detail about your product, or describe a new promotion.
Fully balanced D/A converter with fully balanced discrete analog audio circuitry.
No-compromise mechanical design with five different housings, which shield analogue, digital, transport, transformer and controller circuitry.
- Output level - (unbalanced) 2.3Vrms, (balanced) 4.6Vrms
- Noise floor - < -130dB
- Frequency deviation - (20-20kHz) 0.05dB
- Channel separation - > 110 dB
- THD+N - <0.003%
- Dynamic range - 120 dB
- Power consumption - 25 W
- Power consumption Standby - 0.5 W
- Compatible formats - CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- Digital outputs - SPDIF COAX, SPDIF TOSLINK
- Control inputs - RS232, 12V Trigger
- True balanced system
- Mechanical filter which cancels acoustic/mechanical vibrations preventing the laser pick-up from receiving unwanted signals
- Fully remote (no volume control)
- Dimensions - 482mm W x 422mm D x 120mm H
- Weight - 18 Kg