Pro-Ject - RPM 5.1 - Turntable
Special Price $1,112.00 RRP $1,199.00
Call for stock levels
The audible benefits are amazing. The sound is calmer and richer without losing detail.
Manual turntable with 9 carbon tone-arm
• Chassis piano-lacquered dark grey
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt.
• The medium density fibre plinth stands on three height-adjustable rubber-damped aluminium cones.
• The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising the hub, an medium density fibre platter, a cork mat (a standard felt mat is supplied also) and a screw-down record clamp.
• The platter's low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a Teflon bearing plate in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
• Central metal block optimises centre of gravity and damps main bearing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
• As an optional extra, the turntable is supplied with Ortofon 2M Red MM-cartridge fitted.
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
• Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections. • Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
• Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Design of counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 6 - 10g. Alternative counterweights for cartridges weighing between 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g or 5 - 8g are available as an accessory part.
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
Write Your Own Review
Optional fitted cartridge Ortofon 2M RedAmplifier connection MM-inputNominal speeds 33 / 45 / 78 r.p.m. (78 optional)Dust cover Pro-Ject Cover it optionalRecord clamp yesRCA phono sockets yesRubber-damped aluminium cones yesCentral metal block yesTonearm Pro-Ject 9ccTonearm with fibre armtube and sapphire thrust-pads yesEffective tonearm length 9" (230mm)Effective tonearm mass 8,5gOverhang 18mmSupplied counterweight cartridge weight 6 - 10gOptional counterweights cartridge weights 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g, 5 - 8gDownforce range 10 - 30mNSpeed variance ±0,5 %Wow and flutter ±0,08 %Signal to noise -70dBPlatter weight/diameter 1,75kg/300mmPower supply type Mains-fed outboard power supply220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cyclesOutput voltage 16V/500mA ACPower consumption 2WDimension 371 x 145 x 300mmWeight 6,5kgDimensions (W x H x D)