Like its predecessor the T 1 of the 2. generation has a semi-open design, which features a spacious sound and detailed hi-fidelity.
Furthermore, the 2nd generation of the T 1 has many optimised details. A highlight is the audiophile textile-coated, detachable connecting cable, which is shielded over its whole length and provides the best emission and radiation protection. Inside the cable conductors are made of OCC 7N copper to ensure an excellent music transmission.
In order to connect the cable to the headphone, there are 2 x gold-plated mini jack connectors (3.5 mm) with a locking mechanism. In order to connect the cable to hi-fi systems, the other end of the cable is provided with a gold-plated mini jack connector (3.5 mm) and gold-plated screw-on 1/4" adapter. As an option the connecting cables are also available with a jack connector and a length of 1.40 m as well as a 4-pin XLR connector for a balanced connection to appropriate headphone amplifiers.
The high quality of the headphone is completed by viscoelastic breathable ear pads that enable a very pleasant comfort over several hours.
The T 1 is supplied with a special high-quality hard case for storage or transport.
- Semi-open design (attenuates ambient noises without completely muffling them) Outstandingly neutral
- Tesla technology with highest efficiency
- Double-sided, detachable cable
- Audiophile, textile-coated connecting cable
- Conductor inside the cable made of OCC 7N copper
- Made in Germany
- 5-year warranty
- Weight 0.3600kg
- Headphone nominal impedance 600Ohms
- Cable options With cable
- Headphone cable type Straight cable - double sided
- Cable length 3m Colour Black-grey
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Semi-open
- Frequency response: 5 - 50,000 Hz
- Impedance: 600 Ω
- Nominal SPL: 102dB (1mW / 500Hz)
- T.H.D.: <0.05% (1mW / 500Hz)
- Power handling capacity: 300 mW Max.
- SPL: 126dB(300mW / 500Hz)
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Headband pressure: approx. 2.8 N
- Cable: 3 m / double-sided
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pole mini stereo jack (3.5 mm) & 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Weight without cable: 360 g
- Supplied accessory: hard case
- Recommended accessories: audiophile connecting cable with 4-pin XLR connector for balanced transmission, length 3 m; audiophile connecting cable with 3-pole mini stereo jack (3.5 mm) & 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm), length 1.40 m
To enjoy music of the highest quality when on the move, a high-resolution audio player like the Impacto Universal is essential.
The Impacto universal is an ultra-compact D/A converter and headphone amplifier turns the smartphone itself into the hi-res player. It docks onto the USB or Lightning connector and supplies three of the best beyerdynamic headphones with audiophile sound: the Amiron home, the present reference T 1 (2nd generation) and its portable variant, the T 5 p (2nd generation). What’s more, when on the move with their notebooks, mobile users can also connect their Impacto to their computer. The required cables with a USB plug (Type A and Type C) come included with the Universal.
Concentrated sound: High-end DAC in the headphone cable
The low weight of the converter is a mini sensation in itself. At just twelve grams, it’s barely noticeable to the wearer - also because the DAC is directly built into the headphone cable. A series of measures are to thank for this light-hearted listening pleasure. For example, beyerdynamic uses no screws. Instead, the audio specialist from Heilbronn welds the housing by means of ultrasound and coats the illuminated keys with a soft material that’s pleasant to the touch. This creates a seamless surface, which prevents dirt from entering the housing.
A special cable material makes the leads especially flexible and supple. This was developed specially by beyerdynamic for use on the Impacto. The cables otherwise used on USB devices are too rigid and not resilient enough for permanent mobile use.
Universal talent: Made for iPhone – and Android
The Impacto universal differs from the “Android/PC only– Impacto Essential” version due to its Apple certification.
Note: The “Impacto Essential is an Android/PC only system that excludes the battery and additional Lightning connector required when interfacing with an iPhone.
iPhone or iPad users can connect the Impacto Universal directly to their iOS device and enjoy music in unprecedented quality. beyerdynamic includes the power supply battery in the delivery too. Elegant and well thought out like the Impacto universal itself, it adheres magnetically to the rear of the 7-millimetre thin DAC housing.
The battery is not required for operation on Android smartphones. For those, power is supplied via the micro USB or USB C cable (USB On-The-Go), which come included. Owners of an Impacto essential can however also purchase the battery pack as an accessory. The energy storage unburdens the smartphone battery and thus extends the playing time.
Maximum resolution: Hi-Res playback up to 32 bit / 384 kHz
When compared with stationary high-end systems, the inner technology effortlessly stands up. The Sabre32 Mobile Reference DACTM decrypts high-resolution audio signals up to a resolution of 32 bits and 384 kilohertz. This device class typically achieves values of 24 bit/192 kHz.
The mobile digital-analogue converter even supports DSD signals (Direct Stream Digital) of 2.8 and 5.6 megahertz. The DAC uses a hi-res LED as a control function. When it lights up, the player is indeed sending high-resolution audio information to the converter. Users can select their preferred hi-res player app as a playback program.
This means that the sound quality no longer depends on the components of the playback device. Instead, the DAC converts the high-resolution music data back to analogue format and amplifies it – with a precision that takes full advantage of the acoustic potential of the headphones used.
The high-performance headphone amplifier can supply even 600-ohm converters as in the T 1 without restriction. In other words, all that's needed to enjoy music in the highest quality is one of the three high-end headphones from beyerdynamic and the Impacto universal.
*Sabre32 Mobile Reference DACTM and ESS SABRE9018Q2C SABRE32 Reference DACTM are trademarks owned by ESS Technology, Inc. that may be registered in one or more countries.
- Maximum sample rate: 384 kHz / 32 bits, DSD 5.6 MHz
- Frequency response: 4 - 52,000 Hz
- S/N: 121 dB(A)
- T.H.D: 0.002 %
- Channel separation: 97 dB
- Output power: 50 mW at 32 Ω; 7 mW at 600 Ω
- Output impedance: 1 Ω
- Voltage supply: 5 V, 195 mA (via USB)
- Operating / Charging temperature range: 0 to 35 °C
- Dimensions: 63 x 32 x 7 mm
- Weight (without cable and battery pack): 12 g
- DAC: ESS SABRE9018Q2C SABRE32 Reference DAC
- Supplied accessories: Impacto universal; Battery pack; Headphone cable with 2 x 3.5 mm jack plugs, 0.4 m (permanently attached); USB C cable, 0.8 m; USB A cable, 1.4 m; Micro USB cable (On-The-Go), 0.8 m; Lightning cable, 0.8 m; Quick start guide
- Windows: from Windows 7
- Mac: from Mac OSX10.6.4 (limited to 192 kHz sample rate)
- Android: Android 4.1 and higher with additional 3rd party drivers or media player; from Android 5.0 native support (up to 48 kHz)
- Note: The hardware of the Android device must support USB On-The-Go (OTG).
- iOS: from iOS 7 (only devices with a Lightning connection)