The ultimate in portable audio!
Music on the move comes alive by combining the T 5 p 2nd Generation headphones, with the Impacto universal.
Together the T 5 p 2nd Generation (T 5 p 2nd Gen) and Impacto universal work in unison to turn your computer, smartphone or tablet into one of the smallest high-end music system in the world.
The “Hi-Res converter in small format” Impacto universal, turns your T5p headphones and digital device into a Hi-Res player.
It gets the maximum out of your digital music files and additionally makes your beyerdynamic T5p headphones truly flexible with 4 different digital interface cable options that include; USB plugs (Type A and Type C), a lightning connector for Apple devices and in addition a Micro-USB cable for OTG (on-the-go) capable mobile devices.
Maximum resolution: Hi-Res playback up to 32 bit / 384 kHz
When compared with stationary high-end systems, the inner technology effortlessly stands up. The Sabre32 Mobile Reference DACTM decrypts high-resolution audio signals up to a resolution of 32 bits and 384 kilohertz. Other devices in this class category typically achieve values of only 24 bit/192 kHz.
The mobile digital-analogue converter even supports DSD signals (Direct Stream Digital) of 2.8 and 5.6 megahertz. The DAC uses a hi-res LED as a control function.
When it lights up, the player is indeed sending high-resolution audio information to the converter. Users can select their preferred hi-res player app as a playback program.
This means that the sound quality no longer depends on the components of the playback device. Instead, the DAC converts the high-resolution music data back to analogue format and amplifies it – with a precision that takes full advantage of the acoustic potential of the headphones used.
The high-performance headphone amplifier can supply even 600-ohm converters as in the T 1 (2nd gen) without restriction. In other words, all that's needed to enjoy music in the highest quality is one of the three high-end headphones from beyerdynamic and the Impacto universal.
T 5 p 2nd Generation Headphones
The T 5 p (2nd generation) is a high-end headphone for a versatile use due to its impedance of 32 ohms. It can be connected to almost all kinds of portable devices such as tablets, smartphones and MP3 players – the T 5 p (2nd generation) convinces with a strong bass and relaxed highs.
Due to its closed design the headphone optimally attenuates ambient noise. The detachable audiophile textile-coated connecting cable is shielded over its whole length and provides the best protection against interference. Inside, the cable conductors are made of OCC 7N copper to ensure an excellent music transmission. In order to connect the 1.40 m long cable to the headphone, there are 2 x gold-plated mini jack connectors (3.5 mm) with a locking mechanism.
At the other end the cable is provided with a gold-plated mini jack connector (3.5 mm) and a plug-type gold-plated 1/4" adapter. As an option the connecting cables are available with a jack connector and a length of 3 m as well as a connecting cable with a 4-pin XLR connector for a balanced connection to appropriate headphone amplifiers.
The high quality of the headphone is completed by viscoelastic breathable ear pads that enable a very pleasant comfort over several hours.
The T 5p is supplied with a high-quality hard case for storage or transport.
- Headphone nominal impedance - 32Ohms
- Cable options - With cable
- Headphone cable type - Straight cable - double sided
- Cable length - 1.4mm
T5p Second Generation
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Closed
- Frequency response: 5 - 50,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Nominal sound pressure level: 102dB(1mW / 500Hz)
- T.H.D.: Power handling capacity: 300 mW
- Max. sound pressure level: 126dB (300mW / 500Hz)
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Headband pressure: Approx. 4.1 N
- Cable: 1.40 m / double-sided
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pole stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) & 1/4" plug-type adapter (6.35 mm)
- Weight without cable: 350 g
- Supplied accessory: Hard case
- Recommended accessories: audiophile connecting cable with 4-pin XLR connector for balanced transmission;
- connecting cable with gold-plated 3-pole stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) & 1/4" screw-on adapter (6.35 mm), 3 m long
- Maximum sample rate: 384 kHz / 32 bits, DSD 5.6 MHz
- Frequency response: 4 - 52,000 Hz
- S/N: 121 dB(A)
- T.H.D: 0.002 %
- Channel separation: 97 dB
- Output power: 50 mW at 32 Ω; 7 mW at 600 Ω
- Output impedance: 1 Ω
- Voltage supply: 5 V, 195 mA (via USB)
- Operating / Charging temperature range: 0 to 35 °C
- Dimensions: 63 x 32 x 7 mm
- Weight (without cable and battery pack): 12 g
- DAC: ESS SABRE9018Q2C SABRE32 Reference DAC
- Supplied accessories: Impacto universal; Battery pack; Headphone cable with 2 x 3.5 mm jack plugs, 0.4 m (permanently attached); USB C cable, 0.8 m; USB A cable, 1.4 m; Micro USB cable (On-The-Go), 0.8 m; Lightning cable, 0.8 m; Quick start guide
- Windows: from Windows 7
- Mac: from Mac OSX10.6.4 (limited to 192 kHz sample rate)
- Android: Android 4.1 and higher with additional 3rd party drivers or media player; from Android 5.0 native support (up to 48 kHz)
- Note: The hardware of the Android device must support USB On-The-Go (OTG).
- iOS: from iOS 7 (only devices with a Lightning connection)