Finally there is a low cost solution for those wanting to get into records without sacrificing quality or risking playing their precious vinyl on low quality players that aren’t kind on the records themselves.
The all new Crosley T150 system allows an affordable entry without having to go and buy several pieces of equipment. It also includes some pretty cool features such as bluetooth so it can work with both old and new technology. Whether you have found a classic record at a sale or just want to send the latest tracks from your phone or smart device, this units will easily handle it all.
There tends to be several issues with low cost players that include:
1. Poor sound quality (very small speakers and amplifiers don’t tend to deliver great results)
2. They can actually damage the record, due to very basic tonearms and design the needles aren’t tracking correctly.
3. The speakers are in-built which tends to not be ideal for sound or stability of playback etc. (It is far better to have the speakers separated from the unit due to reverberation and vibration feeding back through the system)
4. If there is an issue with how the unit is tracking or working then there is nothing that can really be done as most low cost units simply don’t allow for any upgrades or adjustments so you are stuck with the problem.
5. Most low cost units come with a very basic low performance needle (stylus) and can’t be upgraded.
6. The speed can quite often be either too fast or too slow resulting in a poor quality listening experience.
This is why we love the T150:
With the T150 these main issues are addressed and resolved. The in built amplifier delivers a great sound and the speakers, whilst still compact, are far more able to deliver a much better sound quality.
The T150 features a far superior tonearm and cartridge/needle system that will track and reproduce a great result without the record being compromised.
With the T150 the Speakers are a seperate component and are able to deliver a far better sound quality that wont interfere with the audio playback like in-built speakers could.
The tonearm on the T150 allows adjustments to be made and also allows an upgrade path should you wish to experiment with/look into better cartridge options or simply want to “bling it up” in the future.
The T150 comes fitted with a great cartridge and needle (stylus) from one of the worlds best cartridge manufacturers, Audio Technica, who are renowned for their cartridges and used by so many of the worlds top manufacturers including Rega, Music Hall, Thorens, Dual, Marantz and many more.
The T150 has built in pitch control so if the speed is ever not perfect you can now make it pitch perfect.
Very easy to change speeds between 33 and 45 rpm, simply just turn the knob and no need to remove the record and the platter. Simple !!
It is a complete and easy system to set up and comes with a pre-fitted and aligned cartridge so you won’t have to watch 3 hours of you tube videos to get the unit working. That means more listening time and way less frustration, yeah!
If you want to take the T150 to a higher level it does come with a built-in pre amp which means that you can combine it with a larger stereo system and use it as a stand alone turntable just by switching the pre amp and disconnecting the speakers supplied. This means that the unit wont be obsolete when or if you buy a larger stereo system in the future, or if you want to take it to a friends house for a party that has a more traditional styled stereo system, versatile.
Last but not forgotten, a level back up service and support that many other companies simply don’t or won’t offer. The team for Crosley in Australia are very focused on achieving outstanding results for you, the customer, and when this is combined with Aussie Hi Fi’s legendary support you can feel secure that you are in good hands with tons of help should the need arise. Oh and did i mention the great service and deals?
If you are looking for a present or an upgrade from a normal low cost model then this is a great place to look.
- 2- Speed Turntable (33 1/3 & 45 RPM)
- Built-in Bluetooth Receiver
- Stereo Speakers, 30 Watts Total (15 Watts Per Speaker)
- Aluminum Tonearm with Adjustable Counterweight
- Moving Magnet Cartridge
- Full-size Aluminum Platter
- Adjustable Pitch Control
- RCA Outputs
- Dimensions: 33.65cm L x 67.31cm W x 20.95cm H