A modern classic
With it’s iconic looks, the Davone Ray has already become a design classic. Inspired by cool sunglasses and lounge chairs, the Ray also achieves new levels of performance in the reproduction of sound. With state of the art components this loudspeaker lofts beautifully three-dimensional soundstages, exhibits admirably neutral tonal response, and delivers unexpectedly explosive dynamics. The Ray is handbuild in Denmark.
Lounging & Shades
The original inpsiration for the Ray design came from a cool pair of sunglasses. They defined the front view and gave the Ray it’s name (-Ban). The beautiful Eames lounge chair gave the side view and materials and finish. A hint of the designers youth favourite Bose 901 is also recognisable. This inspirational combination was a winner and the Ray has been a head-turner ever since it’s introduction in 2010
The acoustic design
The fluid cabinet shape has not just been an aesthetic choice. The unique baffle shape, combined with the close proximity and off centre mounting of the tweeter and mid toner, gives a more balanced in-room response than the popular tower shaped speaker. Practically this means that great results can be obtained without re-doing the acoustics of your listening room.
Water cut solid steel stand
The Ray is elevated to the correct listening position and angle by a dedicated stand, shaped by laser and water cutters. Through it’s design with up to 25mm thick solid steel, the stand provides a low compliance base from a sleek design. The small footprint also decouples the Ray cabinet from the floor. This effective stand design secures the fine dynamics in the low frequencies for more accurate listening.
- Frequency response - 35-22.000Hz
- Impedance - 4 ohm, 2.5 ohm minimum at 450Hz @ 0 degrees
- Sensitivity - 89dB/2,83V/m
- Max power - 150W (IEC 268-5)
- Woofer - 8” , Geometrically reinforced aluminum cone, soft low damping rubber surround, rigid die cast alu chassis with extensive venting
- Mid - 4″, Ceramic coated aluminium membrane, soft low damping rubber surround, optimized low distortion motor system
- Tweeter - 1″, Anodised aluminium dome, flow optimized vented pole piece with non-reflective chamber, saturation controlled motor system
- Cross over - 200 Hz, 2.2kHz, 24dB/Oct Linkwitz Riley
- System - Bass reflex/ Closed
- Cabinet - 16 layer, 20mm thick beech wood form pressed veneer with multiple internal stiffeners. Driver placement in left and right cabinet is mirror imaged
- Weight - 26 kg per piece including stand
- Current version - HR