With a slim profile that doesn’t sacrifice performance for looks, the Marantz NR1609 7.2 channel AV receiver supports immersive, object-based audio and the latest HDMI specifications. Enjoy movies with three-dimensional audio through Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X, and watch your favourite movies and shows in 4K 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020, HDR and Dolby Vision. Enjoy your favourite music services via Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app. Control NR1609 with your voice and Amazon Alexa — download the HEOS Home Entertainment skill and ask Alexa to play, pause or stop music, switch inputs for your different media players, turn up the volume and more.
- Now available – control with Amazon Alexa voice commands.
- Slim profile that’s half the height of a traditional AVR delivers exceptional performance and sound quality
- 7-channel discrete power amplifier, 90W per channel
- 8 HDMI inputs and an ARC output — including one input on the front panel — with full HDCP 2.2 support
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020, plus Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)
- Supports object-based audio formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X processing
- Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz — plus, DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks let you enjoy music exactly as the artist intended
- Built-in HEOS wireless multi-room audio technology
- Amazon Alexa voice control via the HEOS Home Entertainment skill
- Stream the most popular music services — like Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer and many others — via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app
- Integrated Phono input to directly connect your turntable
- Optimize your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ for a seamless setup within your listening environment
- Setup assistant, advanced GUI and Marantz 2016 AVR remote app for an easy out-of-box experience
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- Now available – Apple AirPlay 2
Powerful, Slim Seven-channel Discrete Amplifier
Featuring a high-current discrete power amplifier section, you get exceptional sound and the latest formats for movies and music with identical power on all seven channels (90W per channel). The slim profile is half the height of a traditional AVR, while delivering the dynamic sound quality that defines Marantz excellence.
Latest HDMI Connectivity
Includes eight HDMI inputs and an ARC output — with one HDMI input on the front panel for quick connection — each one supporting HDCP 2.2, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and BT.2020 pass-through.
The NR1609 boasts an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video from any analog or digital source to true 4K.
Supports Latest Object-based Audio Formats
Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio with the latest surround formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X (creates virtual height effects in the absence of height channels).
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
DTS:X immersive audio formatting places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all of your favourite movies.
HEOS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and AirPlay 2 Capability
Dual antenna system lets you stream the most popular music services via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app. Listen to your playlists on Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer and more.
HEOS Multi-room Streaming
Built-in HEOS technology lets you enjoy your favourite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster, Deezer or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS components, like HEOS-capable speakers, play all your music in one room or many.
Amazon Alexa Voice Control
Enjoy hands-free control with Amazon Alexa and your voice. Adjust the volume, skip to the next track, switch inputs for your different media players and more — “Just Ask.” Download the HEOS Home Entertainment Skill to enable Amazon Alexa voice commands for your NR1609, HEOS devices and other select Marantz products.
High-resolution Audio Support
Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) lets you enjoy music exactly as the artist intended. Listen to your music via the front panel USB port or over network sources.
Integrated Phono Input
Easily connect your analog turntable to the receiver and enjoy the pure intent of each recording within your vinyl collection.
Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
The Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app for iOS and Android gives you complete control over the latest Marantz network AV receivers. Use it to power on/off, adjust volume, input and settings, or switch instantly to the HEOS app.
Audyssey MultEQ for Simple Set-up and Room Calibration
Optimize your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ, MultEQ Editor app, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ for a seamless setup of your listening environment.
With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofer) and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Use Audyssey Dynamic EQ to deliver clear dialogue and wide-band response even at reduced volume levels, or Audyssey Dynamic Volume to avoid shocks and normalize volume when content switches between commercials, announcements and TV programs. The MultEQ Editor app (available for purchase) allows you to customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room and tailor the sound to your personal preferences.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
Supports dual subwoofers for even, low-frequency bass response within your listening environment. Enjoy accurate bass with no audible peaks or dips no matter where you place your subwoofer.
Multi-source / Multi-room
Enjoy 5.2 channel surround sound in your home theater and simultaneously play stereo sound from another source in a separate room. Simply connect a pair of speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs or hook up an additional stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
Smart TV Connectivity
Easily control the receiver with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON and begin controlling the NR1609 with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen gives you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR's setup menu and four Smart Selects.
Simple Smart Select Functions
Four Smart Select function buttons on the included remote control store your preferred setup — including input, volume and Audyssey configuration — for particular sources. With the push of a button, the receiver perfectly configures for any source, from Blu-ray to TV set-top box, to your favourite Internet radio station and more.
More than 60 Years of Audiophile Heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the NR1609 carries on our long tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and cinema
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X / DTS Neural:X - Ys/Yes/Yes
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos / Dolby Surround - Yes/No/Yes
- Multichannel Stereo - Yes
- Compressed audio enhancer: MDAX2 - Yes
- Audyssey - MultiEQ
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume - Yes/Yes
- Network Audio Streaming - Yes
- HEOS Multiroom integrated - Yes
- Voice Control – Works with Amazon Alexa - Yes
- Lossy formats MP3 / WMA / AAC - Yes/Yes/Yes
- Lossless formats FLAC / ALAC / WAV - Yes/Yes/Yes
- DSD streaming - Yes (2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz)
- FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24 - Yes/Yes/Yes
- Gapless playback - Yes (FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD)
- AirPlay audio streaming - Yes
- Internet Radio (TuneIn) - Yes
- Spotify Connect, Deezer, TIDAL, Napster, Soundcloud* - Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
- Compatible with Remote APP for smart phones - Android/iOS
- Ethernet / Wi-Fi (2.4GHz / 5GHz) - Yes/Yes (dual antenna / dual band)
- Network: (IP-control / update) - Yes/Yes
- Front Inputs: HDMI / USB - Yes/Yes
- USB Audio - Yes
- FM / AM tuner - Yes/Yes
- Bluetooth - Yes
- 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution / HDCP 2.2 - Yes/Yes
- Dolby Vision compatible / Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) - Yes/Yes
- HDMI pass-through on stand-by - Yes/Yes
- 3D video pass-through - Yes
- Composite In / Out - 3/1
- Component In / Out - 2/1
- HDMI In / Out - 5+1/1
- Analog In / Out - 3/0
- Phono Input - 1
- Digital Optical In - 1
- Digital Coaxial In - 1
- Multichannel Pre-out - Yes(2.2)
- Zone Audio Pre-out - Yes
- Subwoofer out - 2
- Number of Poweramps - 7
- Power output per Channel - 85W (6 ohm, 1kHz, 1%, 1ch Drive), 60W (6 ohm, 1kHz, 0.7%, 2ch Drive, 50W (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20kHz, 0.08%, 2ch Drive)
- Available colours - Black
- System remote control - RC033SR
- Web Interface for set-up - Yes
- Power consumption in W - 250
- Power consumption no-sound (ECO ...on/off) in W - 25/35
- Standby consumption in W - 0.2 (with CEC 0.5)
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H) - 17.3 x 16.2 x 7.3 in/44 x 41.1 x 18.5cm
- Weight - 31.1 lbs/14.1 kgs