Plinius has always had a reputation for building pure powerful amplifiers that will drive any speaker, are built to last and look simply stunning. The Reference A-300 continues that great tradition with its new sophisticated external styling that simply oozes power.
The Reference A-300 is the pinnacle of the Plinius Range. It’s designed to take advantage of every aspect of the Reference M-10 preamplifier’s sophisticated circuitry and drive the finest high-end speakers with finesse.
The ‘Reference’ aesthetic retains enough of Plinius’ distinctive styling to remind you of its origins but makes a new statement that these pieces demonstrate continuing evolution in our drive to deliver the whole experience of being immersed in music.
CLASS A/CLASS AB OPERATION
In Class A distortion is minimised for ultimate sonic performance. In Class AB, performance is still exceptional but power consumption and heat output are reduced.
AMPLIFIER CONFIGURATION SELECTOR (ACS) SWITCH
The rear panel ACS switch allows for the amplifier to be configured for Stereo RCA, Bridged Mono RCA, Stereo XLR or Bridged Mono XLR modes. In Bridged Mono mode, the amplifier operates in true balanced configuration from input to output.
The amplifier can automatically switch from Class A to Class AB when unused after a listening session. This user adjustable feature is set to 30 minutes during manufacture and can also be switched off entirely.
REMOTE TRIGGER INPUT
When connected to a preamplifier trigger output, the amplifier will switch out of Mute and into Class A Mode ready for use when the preamplifier is taken out of standby.
GROUND LIFT SWITCH
This allows for the signal ground to be isolated from the main chassis earth. This can assist in resolving unwanted ground loops or hum due to duplicate ground paths in some systems.
WBT AND NEUTRIK CONNECTORS
High quality WBT RCA and Neutrik XLR input connectors are fitted along with WBT output speaker terminals to ensure a low distortion interface between your cables and the amplifier.
Audience AV supply the Auricap XO capacitors used in key areas of the circuit. The Auricap was chosen for its superior clarity and dynamic ability.
Siltech premium 'G7'silver/gold wire provides a perfect connection between components to give clear, fast and detailed presentation of the music signal.
The aluminium construction provides a rigid non-magnetic housing to eliminate unwanted magnetic fields that can interfere with the sensitive audio signals.
- POWER - 300 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms
- MONO OUTPUT - 1000 watts RMS into 8 ohms
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.5dB -3dB at 70kHz
- DISTORTION - <0.05% THD at rated power
- CURRENT OUTPUT - 100A short duration peak per channel Fuse protected
- RISE TIME - Typically 5?s
- HUM & NOISE - 100dB below rated output 20Hz to 20kHz A weighted
- INPUT IMPEDENCE - 47k ohms
- GAIN - RCA Inputs: 32dB, Balanced Inputs: 38dB
- POWER/CURRENT CONSUMPTION - 1400W, 4.8A (1100W) Class A Idle, 0.8A (184W) Class AB Idle/Standby
- DIMENSIONS - Height: 285mm (11.25"), Width: 510mm (20"), Depth: 550mm (21.75"), Weight: 57kg (125lbs)