The LSiM705 fills your world with its wide, dynamic soundstage and its ability to achieve staggering volume levels. The LSiM705 features the same component complement as the larger LSiM 707 loudspeaker on a slightly smaller scale. It includes a 5 1/4-inch mid-woofer of lightweight super cell aerated polypropylene for smooth blending with its dual 5x7-inch Cassini oval subwoofer radiators enhanced by Polk's patented PowerPort® bass venting. Its 1-inch ring radiator tweeter, a feature usually found only in exotic speakers, reveals pinpoint details for realistic imaging. Use the LSiM705 in mid-sized rooms where you want the full-on impact of the legendary Polk sound.
- Polk's exclusive dynamic sonic engine design optimises the midrange driver and the ring radiator tweeter in separate interior chambers for improved transient response, superior imaging and greater horizontal off-axis response.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Newly designed Cassini oval subwoofer drivers, with more surface area than round drivers, dramatically improve low-frequency response for deep, well-blended bass.
- Our innovative overhung voice coil design augments the excursion length for subwoofer drivers, increasing their power-handling capabilities and enhancing bass response.
- Extended Linear Motion voice coil design allows lots of movement in a limited space, eliminating impedance and extending mid- and high-frequency response.
- Lightweight, rigid cast aluminium baskets are designed for precision motor alignment with unobstructed linear movement and ample venting.
- Klippel motor optimisation uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Our super cell aerated polypropylene cone is the ideal balance of lightweight stiffness (for more efficient action with less distortion-causing flex) and superior damping properties.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- Exclusive, patented Orth crossovers increase lower-order power handling and smooth the impedance curve, for more efficiency and better high frequency response.
- High quality, heavy duty LSiM enclosure construction features 1.0" MDF on the sides, 3/4" MDF on the back and bottom and 1 1/4" baffles with substantial internal bracing and separate interior cabinetry for each driver. These exceptionally robust materials efficiently eliminate cabinet resonances and standing waves for less distortion and more dynamic transparency.
- Beautiful furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents and no visible screws.
- Super-thin zero-diffraction grilles lock in place magnetically, and never obscure your sound.
- PowerPort® bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more efficient, deep bass impact.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customised high performance audio.
- Innovative no-tip hex-head floor spikes make speaker-leveling easy on any flooring.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry's most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
Driver Complement Tweeter Quantity: 1 Diameter: 2.54cm Type: Dynamic Balance enhanced ring radiator tweeter MIDRANGE Quantity: 1 Diameter: 8.26cm Type: Dynamic Balance driver with super cell aerated polypropylene cone MID / WOOFER Quantity: 1 Diameter: 13.34cmType: Dynamic Balance driver with super cell aerated polypropylene cone SUBWOOFER Quantity: 2 Diameter: 12.70cmType: Dynamic Balance oval drivers with super cell aerated polypropylene diaphragmsELECTRICALTotal Frequency Response: 22Hz-40kHz Upper -3dB Limit: 30 kHzLower -3dB Limit: 42 HzNominal Impedance: 8 ohmsEfficiency: 88 dBCROSSOVERType: Orth crossover design Tweeter/midrange Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHzMidrange/midbass Crossover Frequency: 280 HzMidbass/woofer Crossover Frequency: 100 HzRecommended Amplifier Power: 20-250 watts per channelInputs: Dual gold-plated binding postsDIMENSIONSCABINET DIMENSIONSHeight: 119.38cmWidth: 21.11cmDepth: 36.51cmENCLOSURE TYPEMid-High Array Enclosure Type: Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure Type: Dual PowerPort bass venting FOOTPRINTWidth: 23.50cmDepth: 41.27cmProduct Weight (each): 35.4 Kg