- Aaron - SS120 - Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $350.00 RRP $699.00
- Polk Audio - Signature S15 - Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $499.00 RRP $549.00
- Polk Audio - RTi A1 - Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $499.00 RRP $649.00
- Polk Audio - RTi A3 - Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $585.00 RRP $849.00
- Richter - Merlin - Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $719.00 RRP $799.00
- Jamo - C91 - Bookshelf speakersSpecial Price $751.00 RRP $790.00
- Jamo - C93 - Bookshelf speakersSpecial Price $951.00 RRP $1,090.00
- Richter - Mentor - Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $989.00 RRP $999.00
- Dynaudio - Emit M20 - Bookshelf Speakers$1,299.00
- Dynaudio - Excite x14 - Compact Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $1,399.00 RRP $1,499.00
- Dynaudio - XEO 4 SAT - Wireless Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $2,199.00 RRP $2,499.00
- Polk Audio - LSiM 703 - Bookshelf SpeakersSpecial Price $2,297.00 RRP $2,899.00
- MK Sound - MPS-1611P - Active Monitors$2,499.00
- Jamo - C103 - Bookshelf speakersSpecial Price $2,759.00 RRP $2,790.00
- PMC - Twenty.21 - Bookshelf Speakers$2,999.00
- PMC - Twenty.22 - Standmount Speakers$3,999.00
- MK Sound - MPS-2510P - Active Monitors$4,999.00
- PMC - twenty5.22 - Stand Mount Monitor SpeakersSpecial Price $5,000.00 RRP $5,299.00
- PMC - fact.3 - Bookshelf Speakers$9,999.00
Bookshelf speakers are the epitome of good things coming in small packages. They pack a walloping audio punch without the taking up a huge chunk of your room. They work fantastically for most any space, and equally well for both music and home theatre. And options abound – in features, price points, style, and sound signature. So take a peek at our impressive selection, and read on to figure out how to narrow down the choices and find the perfect match for you.
One of the first things you’ll want to look at when browsing speakers are their specifications. The numbers will tell you everything you need to know, but first you have to decide what exactly you’re looking for. If you’re going for great home theatre sound, better bass might be high on your priority list. Music junkie? You’ll want a good, full range of sound.
First, we’ll briefly break down what those numbers mean in speaker specs. Hertz is a measure of frequency, and the lower the number, the heavier the bass will be. Watts tells you how much power you’ve got, and the higher the number, the greater the output. This is especially important when matching your speakers to your amplifier or receiver – something you’ll always want to be mindful of. Lastly, Decibels refers to the loudness of the sound (higher number = louder).
Also pay attention to how many drivers a speaker has; most bookshelf speakers have two – a woofer for bass and a tweeter for high-frequency, but some come with a mid-range driver as well. These will give you a more full range of sound.
You’ll also want to consider the design of the speakers you’re looking at. Not only the aesthetics of them (because yes, looks matter), but also that you’re matching the size of the speaker to the space you want to fill with sound. Too small and you might not get quite the amount or quality of sound you’re after. And although one could argue that there’s no such thing as “too big”, you may, we suppose (eye roll), want a smaller speaker for a smaller space.
Bookshelf speakers are called such because they’re meant to be on an elevated surface and up off the floor, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative about where to place them! Sure, you can actually put them on a bookshelf, but that’s not very creative, is it? Nor does it actually give you the best sound. For that, you’ll want to place them about a foot away from the wall, preferably on speaker stands and at ear level. You can also use a wall bracket for mounting if you’re trying to save space.
One last consideration (or maybe first), is, of course, price. You’ll find quite a big range of price points here, and much of the decision simply comes down to figuring out what’s the best speaker you can afford. But remember that we only stock models and brands that we truly trust, so even if you have to go for the lower end of the spectrum, you’ll snag yourself a worthy speaker that’ll serve you well until you can save up for the big boys.
And as always, give us a shout out if you have any questions at all. Our audiophile experts are standing by to answer all your speaker questions, or to give you a listen for yourself at our Camp Hill store.
Toll-free: 1300 308 711
Email: [email protected]
Address: 557 Old Cleveland Road, Camp Hill, 4152, QLD